Providing your family with nutritious, satisfying meals is SO much easier when you have healthy freezer meals prepped and ready to go. Here are 65+ recipes to get you started.
I know first hand that providing nutritious, real-food meals for your family can sometimes prove to be a challenge. For one thing, buying organic, grass-fed, pastured, (aka: blessed by God himself) food… can admittedly be more expensive. The other challenge is that you pretty much have to feed your people like Every.Single.Day… I mean, didn't I JUST feed you?! Gaahhh….
One of my favorite ways to cut down on money & time is by stocking up on pre-prepped (real food) healthy freezer meals I can have at the ready for crazy weeknights, or, you know, whenever I just don't feel like cooking. I save money by buying meats and other ingredients in bulk, which helps keep our food budget in check. And, honestly, we end up eating Much better by cutting down on those days when I just cannot even fathom having to cut up a vegetable or forgot to leave the meat to thaw out, and end up pulling the 80/20 rule again (I know I'm not alone here).
Having two or three days a month to cook and prep meals for the freezer is WAY better than slaving away in the kitchen everyday, plus, your kitchen stays cleaner since you don't have to keep doing dishes every night. Winning.
Getting the whole freezer-meal-planning thing down can take a little time, so go easy on yourself at first. Choosing meals that are tried & true, good for freezing, and that your family will actually eat is a must since you don't want food (or precious prep time) to go to waste.
I personally enjoy cooking sometimes (…but don't get crazy), so spending a day in the kitchen really isn't so bad for me… and, an even more fun and time-efficient, cost-effective way to do it is to have a Freezer Prep Party with a few friends.
As for deciding what to make, that's one of my favorite parts… dreaming of being super-mom by serving my family #allthehealthythings while pouring over tons of deliciously photographed food is hugely motivating and just plain fun. If you're not quite sure where to start, no worries, I've compiled a list of some of my fave healthy freezer meals recipes to get you started on your freezer-prepping journey. Enjoy!
65+ Real Food Healthy Freezer Meals Recipes
- Almond Flour Pancakes ~ Mommypotamus
- Lemon Breakfast Cookies ~ Raising Generation Nourished
- Apple Cinnamon Baked French Toast Recipe ~ Thriving Home
- Southwest Potato Hash ~ Mommypotamus
- Apple, Leek, & Bacon Breakfast Sausage ~ And Here We Are
- Cinnamon Raising Zucchini Muffins ~ Raising Generation Nourished
- Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal ~ Mommypotamus
- Savory Cinnamon Zucchini Fritters ~ Nurse Sarah Keeps it Real
- Gluten Free Cereal Breakfast Bars ~ Against All Grain
- Sweet Potato Biscuits ~ Raising Generation Nourished
- Breakfast Cookies ~ Against All Grain
Soups & Stews
- Pumpkin Chili ~ Thriving Home
- Ultimate Beef & Liver Chili ~ Mommypotamus
- Broccoli Cheese Soup ~ Whole Lifestyle Nutrition
- Asparagus Soup ~ Raising Generation Nourished
- Creamy Cucumber Soup ~ Mommypotamus
- Thai Coconut Soup ~ Against All Grain
- Creamy Tomato Soup ~ Once a Month Meals
- Asian Chicken and Noodle Bowls ~ Once a Month Meals
- Hamburger Vegetable Soup ~ Intentional by Grace
- Soothing Garlic Soup Recipe ~ Wellness Mama
- Radish and Leek Soup ~ Raising Generation Nourished
- Pumpkin Chili ~ Wellness Mama
- Italian Chicken Meatball Soup ~ Raising Generation Nourished
Entrees & Meat
- Baked Cheesy Spinach Tortellini ~ Thriving Home
- SCD Grain-Free Lasagna 2.0 ~ Against All Grain
- Chili Lime Turkey Burgers ~ Popular Paleo
- Pizza Zucchini Boats ~ Whole Lifestyle Nutrition
- Lemongrass Coconut Chicken ~ Once a Month Meals
- Chicken and Veggie Nuggets ~ Fit Mama Real Food
- Bean & Cheese Burritos ~ Money Saving Mom
- Stuffed Cabbage Rolls ~ Once a Month Meals
- Greek Meatballs ~ Wellness Mama
- Chicken Marsala ~ Wellness Mama
- Healthy Mandarin Chicken ~ Wellness Mama
- Paleo Honey Sesame Chicken ~ Empowered Sustenance
*I usually prepare the casseroles and leave about 15-20 minutes left of cooking time prior to freezing, and finish cooking on the day of serving.
- Pizza Spaghetti Squash Casserole ~ Holistically Engineered
- Green Rice Casserole Recipe ~ Money Saving Mom
- Zucchini Lasagna ~ Wellness Mama
Freezer Crockpot Meals (most would also work well for the Instant Pot)
*Go ahead and brown meat if need be for meals that require that prior to putting in the crockpot.
- Cilantro Lime Chicken ~ Thriving Home
- Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken ~ Against All Grain
- Slow Cooker BBQ Boston Butt Recipe ~ Wellness Mama
- Chipotle Barbacoa Tacos ~ Against All Grain
- Crock Pot Italian Fagioli Soup ~ Against All Grain
- Green Turkey Chili with White Beans ~ Against All Grain
- Easy Fajita Chicken ~ Wellness Mama
- Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Chicken ~ Wellness Mama
- Grain Free Chicken Parmesan ~ Wellness Mama
- Slow Cooker Fennel Chicken with Orange ~ Empowered Sustenance
- Slow Cooker Irish Stew ~ Raising Generation Nourished
Snacks, Sides & Extras
- Easy Spanish Rice ~ Mommypotamus
- Grain-Free Coconut Flour Tortillas ~ Against All Grain
- Paleo Cilantro Lime Cauliflower ~ Popular Paleo
- Paleo Cauliflower Tater Tots (heat in the oven on the day of serving) ~ Empowered Sustenance
- Simple Marinara Sauce ~ Against All Grain
- Chicken Salsa Pockets ~ Intentional by Grace
- Molasses Protein Snack Bars ~ Raising Generation Nourished
*I mean, 'cause sometimes you need dessert on the ready… and sometimes Quinoa Carrot Cupcakes count for a meal… right?
- Grain Free Chocolate Peppermint Cookies ~ Don't Mess with Mama
- Two Ingredient Paleo Truffles ~ Empowered Sustenance
- Quinoa Carrot Cupcakes (frost right before serving) ~ Nurse Sarah Keeps it Real
- Paleo Icebox Cassava Flour Cookies ~ Empowered Sustenance
- Salted Date Caramels Recipe ~ Empowered Sustenance
- Paleo Coconut Flour Cupcakes ~ Empowered Sustenance
- Frozen Mango Lassi Bites ~ Empowered Sustenance
- Paleo Chewy Ginger Cookies ~ Empowered Sustenance
I hope you've found a healthy freezer meals recipe you like in the mix… have any other recommendations? Hit me up in the comments below! 🙂